A simulation of an aircraft in wind tunnel used in the study of aerodynamics.
An example of a study of aerodynamics is to determine the potential speed of a vehicle based on the way its shape will move through air.
nounused with a sing. verb
top: high drag on a less aerodynamic shape
bottom: low drag on a more aerodynamic shape
- Road bikes also have drop bars for aerodynamics.
- As for aerodynamics, you will often find the front end of the trailer sloping upward to reduce wind resistance, which improves gas mileage and ease of towing.
- While the feat marked a milestone in aviation history, the true benefit was that the aerodynamics lab on the first floor was able to test and observe how the wings functioned during flight.
- Additionally, Neptune sunglasses are made with a special attention to the physics of aerodynamics and because of this, your eyes receive supreme protection against wind and dust.
- Due to aerodynamics, planes have to move relatively swiftly - forcing a large volume of air under those fixed wings - to avoid dropping like stones.