The definition of accountancy is the act of being in a professional field called "accounting," which involves keeping track of financial records and doing taxes.
An example of the word accountancy is a firm like Arthur Anderson which provides accounting functions for a big corporation.
the keeping or inspecting of commercial accounts; work of an accountant
(countable and uncountable, plural accountancies)
- (uncountable, UK, New Zealand, accounting) The function of compiling and providing financial information primarily by reports referred to as financial statements. Accounting includes bookkeeping, systems design, analysis and interpretation of accounting information.
- (countable, accounting) A company or organisation that performs such a function.
account + -ancy
- Our core service is utilizing our accountancy and business expertise to provide pragmatic, technically correct and honest advice.
- I really enjoyed meeting you in person today and learning about opportunities at General Accountancy.
- There are great synergies between the goals of General Accountancy and what I have to offer.
- Plant originally had plans to become an accountant and went as far as spending two weeks in an accountancy training course.
- Three bills, moreover, were presented to parliament, the first regulating Public Accountancy, the second regulating the Central Accounts Department, and the third the service of the Treasury.