Origin of urbaneClassical Latin urbanus: see urban
The definition of urbane is someone polished, suave or sophisticated.
An example of someone who would be described as urbane is someone sophisticated and refined.
Polite, refined, and often elegant in manner.
Origin of urbaneLatin urbānus of a city ; see urban .
(comparative more urbane, superlative most urbane)
- The Urbane Lab Jacket has a collarless neckline.
- A popular brand on the site is Urbane scrubs.
- Whether crafted from rich leather or riddled with beads on an embroidered velvet background, the Fendi Spy bag can range from fantastically urbane to kittenishly bohemian.
- Brands offered include: Barco, Cherokee, Dickies, Katherine Heigl, Koi, Landau, Peaches, and Urbane.
- Designed with care, this Women's Panthere de Cartier watch is urbane piece.