- noticeably heavier, bigger, or lower on one side; not symmetrical
- not balanced; uneven
If you have hung a painting on the wall and the left side tilts down much further than the right side, this is an example of when the painting is lopsided.
- Heavier, larger, or higher on one side than on the other.
- Sagging or leaning to one side.
- Characterized by the domination of one competitor over another: a lopsided victory.
(comparative more lopsided, superlative most lopsided)
- His lips twisted into a lopsided smile.
- His eyes suddenly twinkled and his mouth slid into a lopsided smile.
- She led them into a courtyard lined on all four sides with lopsided doors.
- Josh stared at her for a moment and then a lopsided smile twisted his lips.
- Selyn's smile was lopsided because of the unresponsive, scarred half of her face.