- the act of aggravating, or making worse, or the condition of being aggravated
- a thing or circumstance that aggravates, or makes worse
- exasperation; annoyance: a longtime usage, although it is objected to by some
- The act of aggravating or the state of being aggravated.
- A source of continuing, increasing irritation or trouble.
- The act of aggravating, or making worse; used of evils, natural or moral; the act of increasing in severity or heinousness; something additional to a crime or wrong and enhancing its guilt or injurious consequences.
- Exaggerated representation.
- An extrinsic circumstance or accident which increases the guilt of a crime or the misery of a calamity.
From Middle French aggravation