- something, esp. an electronic device, that zaps, specif. one that kills mosquitoes or bugs
- remote control (sense )
- A device that uses energy, especially electric current or radiation, for a specified purpose, especially a device that kills insects by means of an electric current flowing through a wire grid.
- A remote control for a television set.
- (colloquial) A remote control for a television.
- The news is starting on the other channel; hand me the zapper.
- A device that electrocutes ("zaps") with a high voltage, e.g. a bug zapper.
- (figuratively, by extension) Anything that exterminates.
zap + -er.
- While gamers had the opportunity to use a Zapper and Power Glove on the original NES, the Nintendo Wii and other modern consoles have taken the accessory idea to a whole new level.
- The Wii Zapper is meant to provide a more intuitive shooting experience for gamers by transforming the Wii Remote and Nunchuk into a complete gun-like peripheral.
- In doing this Wii Zapper review, we found that the biggest limitation to the accessory was that it limited access to the face buttons on the Wii Remote.
- Although you could theoretically use the Wii Zapper with just about shooting game, there are specific titles that make use of the unique control scheme.
- Because of its bargain basement pricing and the free bundled game, the conclusion of this Wii Zapper review is that it's worth the price of admission.