- control of aircraft, missiles, etc. from a distance, as by radio waves
- a hand-held device used to control the operation of a television set, videocassette recorder, etc. from a distance
See remote control in American Heritage Dictionary 4
- The control of an activity, process, or machine from a distance, as by radioed instructions or coded signals.
- A device used to control an apparatus or machine from a distance.
- re·moteˈ-con·trolˈ (rĭ-mōtˈkən-trōlˈ), re·moteˈ-con·trolledˈ (-trōldˈ) adjective
Learn more about remote control