This television remote control is sometimes called a zapper.Licensed from iStockPhoto
- control of aircraft, missiles, etc. from a distance, as by radio waves
- a hand-held device used to control the operation of a television set, videocassette recorder, etc. from a distance
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- The control of an activity, process, or machine from a distance, as by radioed instructions or coded signals.
- A device used to control an apparatus or machine from a distance.
- re·moteˈ-con·trolˈ , re·moteˈ-con·trolledˈ adjective
remote control - Computer Definition
Computer Desktop Encyclopedia
THIS DEFINITION IS FOR PERSONAL USE ONLY
All other reproduction is strictly prohibited without permission from the publisher.
© 1981-2014 The Computer Language Company Inc. All rights reserved.