- (informal) Expression signifying a pause or hesitation.
- I don’t usually get nervous in games and, you know, taking free kicks and penalties but that’s the first time I’ve been that nervous in, in a game, where I have to, I’m in a situation where I’m, you know... - BBC Interview with David Beckham
- (informal) Expression used to imply meaning, rather than say it, such as when a person is embarrassed.
- A: I heard you want to do that thing with me.B: Do what?A: You know... umm...B: Oh, do you mean sex?A: Yeah... that.
- (informal) Used as a rhetorical question to confirm agreement or understanding at the end of a statement.
- But I guess that's life, you know?
- I just wasn't into it, you know?