- An example of a wordsmith is an expert on word origins.
- An example of a wordsmith is a writer.
The definition of a wordsmith is a word expert, or someone who uses language very well.
- a person, esp. a professional writer, who uses language skillfully
- a person who coins new words
- A fluent and prolific writer, especially one who writes professionally.
- An expert on words.
- One who uses words skillfully.
- She has always been known as a capable wordsmith, but in this latest novel she also shows surprising emotional depth.
(third-person singular simple present wordsmiths, present participle wordsmithing, simple past and past participle wordsmithed)
- To apply craftsman-like skills to word use.