- Present participle of wince.
- An example of wincing is when someone starts screaming at you and you become a little afraid of him and move back a little.
- An example of wincing is when you get a cut on your knee and you grimace because of the pain.
Wincing is an involuntary grimace or an involuntary slight move away because of pain, discomfort or anticipation of pain or discomfort.
- Wincing, he rubbed his neck and grinned at her.
- She sighed and shrugged, wincing at the pain caused by the motion.
- "I know, but…" she trailed off, wincing as he squeezed her harder.
- Wincing, she fell to the floor, turning pleading eyes on Josh.
- Then she turned toward her daughter's face which was wincing with pain and gazed long at it.