- Webster is a male name, common last name, or a dictionary published in the United States by Noah Webster.
- An example of Webster is the last name of the head coach for the New York Giants from 1969 to 1973.
- An example of Webster is the author of the American Dictionary of the English Language, published in 1828.
webster definition by Webster's New World
Origin: Middle English ; from Old English webbestre, feminine of webba, weaver ; from Old English ; from webb: see web and amp; -ster
- any of the dictionaries following on or adapted from that dictionary first published in the U.S. by Noah Webster in 1828
- Informal any American dictionary of the English languagealso Webster's
- Webster, Daniel 1782-1852; U.S. statesman & orator
- Webster, John 1580?-1625?; Eng. dramatist
- Webster, Noah 1758-1843; U.S. lexicographer
webster definition by American Heritage Dictionary
Origin: Middle English, from Old English webbestre, feminine of webba, weaver, from webb, web; see webh- in Indo-European roots.
, Daniel 1782-1852.
, John 1580?-1625?
, Noah 1758-1843.