- formed like a web or made of webbing
- joined by a web: webbed toes
- having the digits joined by a web: a webbed foot
- Having or connected by a web.
- Linked or related to the World Wide Web.
Variant of web
- any woven fabric; esp., a length of cloth being woven on a loom or just taken off
- the woven or spun network of a spider; cobweb
- a similar network spun by the larvae of certain insects
- a carefully woven trap or snare
- a complicated work of the mind, imagination, etc.: a web of lies
- anything like a web, as in intricacy of pattern or interconnection of elements; network
- tissue or membrane
- an abnormal membrane joining fingers or toes at the base
- Archit. the portion of a ribbed vault between the ribs
- Comput. World Wide Web: usually with the
- Mech. the plate joining the flanges of a joist, girder, rail, etc.
- Printing a large roll of paper used in a rotary press, designed for continuous feeding
- the vane of a feather
- a membrane partly or completely joining the digits of various water birds, water animals, etc.
Origin of webMiddle English ; from Old English webb, akin to Old Norse vefr, Old High German weppi ; from Indo-European an unverified form webh-, to weave