- a board or frame with a ridged surface of metal, glass, etc., used for scrubbing dirt out of clothes: also used as a percussion instrument, as in a jug band
- the worn surface of a paved road resembling this
- Naut. a thin, broad plank fastened around the cockpit of a boat, on the sill of a companionway entrance, etc. to keep out the sea and spray
- a. A board having a corrugated surface on which clothes can be rubbed in the process of laundering.b. Music A similar board used as a percussion instrument.
- A board fastened to a wall at the floor; a baseboard.
- Nautical A thin plank fastened to the side of a boat or to the sill of a port to keep out the sea and the spray.
- a board with a corrugated surface against which laundry may be rubbed
- (music) such a board used as a simple percussion instrument
- (nautical) a board fastened along a ship's gunwale to prevent splashing; a splashboard
- A stretch of ripples or bumps on a dirt or gravel road, mostly occurring at corners; which is caused by wear from traffic, erosion from wet weather, or poor grading.