- any screen or board protecting riders on a vehicle from being splashed in wet weather
- a trap for closing a sluice or spillway
- A structure that protects the upper part of a vehicle from splashes of mud.
- Nautical A screen on a boat to keep water from splashing onto the deck.
- A board for closing a spillway or sluice.
Part or all of this entry has been imported from the 1913 edition of Webster's Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.