- that completely covers a floor: wall-to-wall carpeting
- in very large numbers or amounts; found throughout; pervasive
- comprehensive; all-inclusive: wall-to-wall healthcare
wall to wallwall-to-wall
A man installing wall-to-wall carpeting.
The definition of wall to wall is something that extends the full length and width of a room.
An example of wall to wall is carpet that covers every inch of your living room floor.
- Completely covering a floor: wall-to-wall carpeting.
- Informal a. Present or spreading throughout an entire area: wall-to-wall people at the reception.b. Found everywhere or including everything; pervasive: wall-to-wall luxury.
A carpet that completely covers a floor.
- To reduce exposure to house dust mites, wall-to-wall carpeting should be removed, humidity should be kept down, and special pillow and mattress covers should be used.
- Cotton is best when used for small area rugs rather than wall-to-wall carpeting because it absorbs moisture, flattens quickly, and stains easily.
- Are you tired of your cold hardwood floors, or the old, ratty wall-to-wall carpeting that's laid down in a room or all through your home?
- While bathroom carpet tiles are easier to maintain than wall-to-wall carpeting, they can be more work than hard tiles in a wet area.
- Many houses built today come with wall-to-wall carpeting because it's cheaper than ceramic tile or hardwood floor.