- burning bush (sense )
- strawberry bush
Origin of wahoofrom Dakota wahu, literally , arrowwood
- a cork elm (Ulmus alata) of the S U.S.
- any of various other North American trees or shrubs, as the cascara
Origin of wahoofrom uncertain or unknown; perhaps Creek ahá?hwa, walnut
nounpl. -·hoo· or -·hoos·
Origin of wahoofrom uncertain or unknown; perhaps
Origin of wahooechoic of shout
Origin of wahooDakota waŋhu waŋ arrow hu leg, stock or stem of a plant ( from the use of its straight, slender shoots and branches to make arrow shafts )
Origin of wahooOrigin unknown
nounpl. wahoo, or wa·hoos
Origin of wahooPerhaps of West Indian origin
Chiefly Western US
- Acanthocybium solandri, a tropical and subtropical game fish
- (southern US) The winged elm, Ulmus alata.
From Creek *uhawhu.
- Euonymus atropurpureus, a burning bush.