- Producing or turning to vapor.
- Having the nature of vapor; vaporous.
(comparative more vaporific, superlative most vaporific)
- (chemistry) Producing vapour; tending to pass, or to cause to pass, into vapor.
- Volatile fluids are vaporific.
- Heat is a vaporific agent.
Part or all of this entry has been imported from the 1913 edition of Webster's Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.