The valedictorian speaks at her graduation.
The valedictorian is the person in the class with the highest grade point average.
An example of a valedictorian is someone who is the only person in the college class that maintains a 4.0 GPA.
in schools and colleges, the student, usually the one highest in scholastic rank in the graduating class, who delivers the valedictory
The student with the highest academic rank in a class who delivers the valedictory at graduation.
Formed 1759, from valediction.
- The valedictorian was remiss in writing his graduation speech because he was so focused on taking final exams.
- After attending the prestigious Collegiate School for Boys in New York (he was class valedictorian), he graduated from Princeton University and later from Yale University with bachelor and master's degrees in English Literature.
- Many parents feel that their type of parenting works just fine for their family, and who can argue with a parent whose child grows up to become valedictorian of his college class and later CEO of a thriving company?
- "Jen was her high school valedictorian," Dean remembered.
- Jen, the valedictorian of her class, was to attend Ryder College in New Jersey and major in English Literature.