very short; specif., designating or of radio waves shorter than 10 meters in wavelength and above 30 megahertz in frequency
- a. Of or relating to radio waves with a wavelength less than 10 meters (33 feet).b. Of or relating to optical pulses with typical durations of femtoseconds.
- Of extremely short duration: an ultrashort flash.
- Extremely short: an ultrashort skirt.
- Of or relating to fixed-income investments with extremely short maturities, usually less than one year.
- (finance) A bond with an extremely short term, typically less than a year
ultra- +"Ž short