Turk definition by Webster's New World
- a member of any of the Turkic-speaking peoples of central Asia
- a member of the principal ethnic group of Turkey or, formerly, the Ottoman Empire
- a person born or living in present-day Turkey
- any of a breed of swift saddle horse developed in Turkey
Origin: Middle English Turke ; from Middle French Turc ; from Midieval Latin Turcus ; from Turkish Türk
Turk definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- A native or inhabitant of Turkey.
- A member of the principal ethnic group of modern-day Turkey or, formerly, of the Ottoman Empire.
- A member of any of the Turkic-speaking peoples.
- Obsolete A Muslim.
Origin: Middle English, from Old French Turc, from Turkish Türk, from Old Turkic türk, strong.
- a. Turkeyb. Turkish