- a member of any of the Turkic-speaking peoples of central Asia
- a member of the principal ethnic group of Turkey or, formerly, the Ottoman Empire
- a person born or living in present-day Turkey
- any of a breed of swift saddle horse developed in Turkey
Origin: Middle English Turke from Middle French Turc from Midieval Latin Turcus from Turkish Türk
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- A native or inhabitant of Turkey.
- A member of the principal ethnic group of modern-day Turkey or, formerly, of the Ottoman Empire.
- A member of any of the Turkic-speaking peoples.
- Obsolete A Muslim.
Origin: Middle English, from Old French Turc, from Turkish Türk, from Old Turkic türk, strong.
- a. Turkeyb. Turkish
turk - Computer Definition
Computer Desktop Encyclopedia
THIS DEFINITION IS FOR PERSONAL USE ONLY
All other reproduction is strictly prohibited without permission from the publisher.
© 1981-2014 The Computer Language Company Inc. All rights reserved.