- a member of any of the Turkic-speaking peoples of central Asia
- a member of the principal ethnic group of Turkey or, formerly, the Ottoman Empire
- a person born or living in present-day Turkey
- any of a breed of swift saddle horse developed in Turkey
Origin of TurkMiddle English Turke ; from Middle French Turc ; from Medieval Latin Turcus ; from Turkish Türk
- A native or inhabitant of Turkey.
- A member of the principal ethnic group of modern-day Turkey or, formerly, of the Ottoman Empire.
- A member of any of the Turkic-speaking peoples.
Origin of TurkMiddle English, from Old French Turc, from Turkish T&udie;rk, from Old Turkic t&udie;rk, strong.
- a. Turkeyb. Turkish
- A member of any of the numerous ethnic groups whose majority have lived a nomadic life on the vast Eurasian steppe, speaking Turkic languages.
- A person from Turkey.
- (archaic) A bloodthirsty and savage person; vandal; barbarian. [from 16th c.]
- (US, slang) A homosexual, assuming the active role in anal sex.
- A member of a Mestee group in South Carolina.
From Turkish Türk