- An example of trees are evergreens and maples.
- An example of trees are diagrams showing the genealogical relationships between members of a family.
Trees are woody plants with a single trunk, many branches and a top of leaves or pines, or diagrams with branches showing different pieces of information.
arboretum a place where trees are grown for scientific observation, for pleasure, or both. arboriculture the cultivation of trees and shrubs for scientific, commercial, or other purposes. —arboriculturist, n. citriculture the cultivation of citrus fruits, as lemons, oranges, etc. —citriculturist, n. decortication the process of stripping off or removing the cortex or outer layer. dendrochronology the study of annual rings in trees to determine their age, climatic and other conditions and changes that might have affected them, etc. —dendrochronologist, n. —dendrochronological, adj. dendrography the science of tree description. —dendrographic, dendrographical, adj. dendrolatry the veneration of trees. —dendrolatrous, adj. dendrology the branch of botany that studies trees. —dendrologist, n. —dendrologic, dendrological, adj. forestation 1. the planting of forests. 2. the state of being covered with trees, as of a tract of land. interlucation Obsolete, the act or process of cutting away branches of trees to let light through. nemophily a fondness or liking for forests, woods, or woodland scenery. —nemophilist, n. —nemophilous, adj. pomiculture the cultivation of fruit and fruit trees. reforestation the process of planting new trees in areas where they have been removed by cutting or destroyed by fire, disease, etc. silviculture, sylviculture the cultivation of forest trees; forestry. —silviculturist, sylviculturist, n. stumpage 1. standing timber, with special reference to its value in money. 2. the right to cut such timber and its value on another’s land. xyloma a tumor or woodlike substance on a tree or plant.
- Something blue in the shadow of the trees caught her attention.
- It started with Crocus and Jonquils and then the fruit trees as the weather grew warmer.
- Only low brush could grow in so small a space... no trees to prevent a vehicle from plunging into the forested mountain ranges below and beyond.
- Trees whipped her body, but she drove herself forward.
- And when he came out of those trees without you...