- a small, plumed hat worn by men and women in the 16th cent.
- a woman's small, round, closefitting, usually brimless hat
- a traditional, white chef's hat, typically tall or with a baggy crown
- Cdn. a knitted winter cap
Origin of toqueFr, a cap from Spanish toca from Basque tauka, kind of cap
- Any of several styles of small, close-fitting hats having no brim or a very short brim, especially:a. A usually black, velvet cap with a narrow, rolled brim and often an ornamental plume, worn especially in France in the 16th century.b. See tuque.
- A hat, usually white, having a tall pleated crown and no brim and traditionally worn by chefs.
Origin of toqueFrench from Spanish toca