- a small, plumed hat worn by men and women in the 16th cent.
- a woman's small, round, closefitting, usually brimless hat
- a traditional, white chef's hat, typically tall or with a baggy crown
- Cdn. a knitted winter cap
Origin of toqueFr, a cap ; from Spanish toca ; from Basque tauka, kind of cap
- Any of several styles of small, usually brimless, close-fitting hats.
- A hat, usually white, having a tall pleated crown and no brim and traditionally worn by chefs.
- See tuque.
Origin of toqueFrench, from Spanish toca.