tooth and nailtooth and nail
With every available resource; with unrelenting effort: “Bureaucrats would correctly see this as a curb on their power and would fight tooth and nail against it” ( George R. Packard )
- The variant tooth and claw sometimes appears (though not as an adverb) as the fuller phrase nature, red in tooth and claw, which quotes 1850, Alfred Tennyson, In Memoriam A. H. H. "”
- Who trusted God was love indeed
- And love Creation"²s final law?
- Tho"² Nature, red in tooth and claw
- With ravine, shriek"²d against his creed?