- a large Australian and East Indian tree (Cedrela toona) of the mahogany family, with soft, closegrained, reddish wood used in furniture: its flowers yield a dye
- its wood
Origin of toonHindi t?n ; from Sanskrit tunna
- a cartoon, esp. an animated cartoon
- a character in a cartoon, esp. an animated cartoon
Sometimes written 'toon or Toon
Origin of toonshort for cartoon
- A cartoon, especially an animated cartoon.
- A character in an animated cartoon.
- A large deciduous tree (Toona ciliata) of tropical Asia, Australia, and New Guinea, having dark red, aromatic wood.
- The wood of this tree.
Origin of toonHindi t&umacron;n, from Sanskrit tunna&hlowdot;, variant of tu&nlowdot;i&hlowdot;.
Abbreviation of cartoon.
- (Geordie) A town.
Dialectal variant of town.
- (Geordie) The City of Newcastle upon Tyne.