An example of tone deaf is someone who sings along to songs but who has a terrible voice and cannot get the pitch of the notes right.
- not able to distinguish accurately differences in musical pitch
- of or demonstrating an inability to recognize the complexity, possible cause for offense, etc. of an issue or situation
- of or showing a lack of sensitivity to the effect that one's statements or positions have on others
- Unable to distinguish differences in musical pitch.
- Unable to appreciate or understand the concerns or difficulties of others; out-of-touch.