The definition of tone deaf is someone who can't hear the difference in musical notes, or who can't sing.
An example of tone deaf is someone who sings along to songs but who has a terrible voice and cannot get the pitch of the notes right.
- not able to distinguish accurately differences in musical pitch
- of or demonstrating an inability to recognize the complexity, possible cause for offense, etc. of an issue or situation
- of or showing a lack of sensitivity to the effect that one's statements or positions have on others
- Unable to distinguish differences in musical pitch.
- Unable to appreciate or understand the concerns or difficulties of others; out-of-touch.