The definition of a timeline is a list of events in the order that they happened.noun
- An example of a timeline is what a policeman will construct to figure out a crime.
- An example of a timeline is a listing of details regarding an important time in history.
- a chart, table, etc. of historical dates and events in chronological order, typically including summaries and illustrations
- any chronological summary or listing of historical or planned events
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- A schedule of activities or events; a timetable.
- a. A chronology.b. A representation or exhibit of key events within a particular historical period, often consisting of illustrative visual material accompanied by written commentary, arranged chronologically.