An example of ticky tacky is a poorly built suburban tract housing development.
- shoddy or inferior material
- things, often, specif., cheap housing, made with shoddy or inferior materials, workmanship, etc.
Origin of ticky-tackyorigin, originally , cheap building materials, as for tract houses from reduplicated, reduplication of tacky: popularized in “Little Boxes” (1962), song by M. Reynolds (1900-78), United States songwriter
- Made of shoddy material; cheaply built.
- a. Marked by a mediocre uniformity of appearance or style: ticky-tacky rows of look-alike houses.b. Tawdry; tacky.
Origin of ticky-tackyReduplication of tacky 2
- Alternative spelling of ticky-tacky. (Shoddy construction material).
- It may also refer to tar paper.
- (US) Cheap, low-quality building material, especially as that used to make conventional suburban housing of a uniform design.
- (US) Made of this material