An example of a third class train ticket is one where you get only a tiny little seat and no access to a restaurant or snacks, unlike people in first class with whole railroad cars to themselves or people in second class with a little cubby to themselves.
- of the class, rank, excellence, etc. next below the second
- designating or of accommodations next below the second class
- ⌂ designating or of a former class of mail consisting of identical circulars, advertisements, etc. mailed in bulk, lightweight merchandise, etc.
- with accommodations next below the second class: to travel third-class
- ⌂ as or by third-class mail
- third′ class′
- Most inferior in quality or standing.
- Travelling third-class isn't just slow, it's painful.