- The definition of third class is something or someone that is considered lower in class or rank than second class.
An example of a third class train ticket is one where you get only a tiny little seat and no access to a restaurant or snacks, unlike people in first class with whole railroad cars to themselves or people in second class with a little cubby to themselves.
- of the class, rank, excellence, etc. next below the second
- designating or of accommodations next below the second class
- ☆ designating or of a lower-cost class of mail limited to merchandise weighing less than 16 oz or bulk mailing of identical circulars, bulletins, advertisements, etc.
- with accommodations next below the second class: to travel third-class
- ☆ as or by third-class mail
- third′ class′
- Most inferior in quality or standing.
- Travelling third-class isn't just slow, it's painful.