The definition of thick skinned is someone who is not easily upset or insulted and who can take criticism well.
An example of thick skinned is a person who is insulted and simply says "whatever, I don't care."
- having a thick skin
- not easily hurt by criticism, insult, etc.
- callous, unfeeling, hardhearted, etc.
- Having a thick skin or rind.
- Not easily offended.
- Largely unaffected by the needs and feelings of other people; insensitive.
(comparative more thickskinned, superlative most thickskinned)
- Alternative spelling of thick-skinned.