Textbooks on various subjects.
- The definition of textbook is something that is a perfect or classic example.
An example of a textbook case is a standard case of pneumonia.
- Textbook means a book used to teach about a subject.
An example of a textbook is a chemistry book used in a 10th grade science class.
a book giving instructions in the principles of a subject of study, specif. one used as the basis or partial basis of a course of study
so typical as to be suitable for inclusion in a textbook; providing a model; classic: a textbook case of medical malpractice
A book used in schools or colleges for the formal study of a subject.
Being a characteristic example of its kind; classic: a textbook case of schizophrenia.
- A textbook example of this is Eli Whitney and the cotton gin.
- His famous textbook, the Sententiae, was written between 1145 and 1150.
- Of course, Wikipedia is another textbook example where people toil for no payment, and anonymously as well.
- He wrote an admirable textbook of the Theory of Heat (1871), and a very excellent elementary treatise on Matter and Motion (1876).
- Some textbook must have dictated speed as the panacea for grief, and Martha was hustled out the door like a bride late for her wedding.