- in a terrible manner
- extremely; very: a terribly funny man
- In a terrible manner: terribly wounded.
- Extremely; very I'm terribly sorry.
- To a great extent; very much: Would you mind terribly if I opened the window?
(comparative more terribly, superlative most terribly)
- Adjectives to which "terribly" is often applied: wrong, sorry, important, difficult, hard, afraid, sad, bad, expensive, long, upset, exciting, fast, excited, slow, cold, hot, busy, concerned, pleased, interesting, painful, funny, lonely, ill, good, tired, strong, confused, serious, fond, old, angry, anxious, effective, depressed, familiar, attractive, happy, poor, hungry, sick, big, nice, small, dull, clever, dirty, proud, disappointing, sweet, original, ashamed, efficient, successful, jealous, simple, strange, cruel.
From terrible +"Ž -ly.