- any of various units of weight of E Asia
- Historical a Chinese unit of money equal in value to a tael of silver
Origin of taelPortuguese from Malay tahil, a unit of weight for measuring gold, silver, or opium
- Any of various units of weight used in eastern Asia, roughly equivalent to 38 grams (113 ounces).
- A unit of currency formerly used in China, equivalent in value to this weight of standard silver.
Origin of taelPortuguese from Malay tahil probably from Javanese from Old Javanese tahil to weigh
- Any of several units of measure used in China and elsewhere in eastern Asia, approximately 40 grams.
- Any of several monetary units equal to the equivalent weight in silver.
- (Hong Kong) leung, a traditional unit of weight, in modern usage legally defined as 1/16 of a catty or kan (æ–¤) or 0.0377993638 kilograms