- the fact or state of being synchronous; simultaneous occurrence
- a chronological, usually tabular, listing of persons or events in history, showing synchronous existence or occurrence
Origin of synchronismModern Latin synchronismus ; from Classical Greek synchronismos ; from synchronos: see synchronize
- Coincidence in time; simultaneousness.
- A chronological listing of historical personages or events so as to indicate parallel existence or occurrence.
- Representation in the same artwork of events that occurred at different times.
- syn′chro·nis′tic, syn′chro·nis′ti·cal