Origin of SwissFrench Suisse from Middle High German Swiz
- pl. a person born or living in Switzerland
- [s-] a type of sheer fabric
- Swiss cheese
- pl. Swiss a. A native or inhabitant of Switzerland.b. A person of Swiss ancestry.
- also swiss A crisp, sheer cotton fabric used for curtains or light garments.
- See Swiss cheese.
Origin of SwissFrench Suisse from Middle High German Swīzer from Swīz Switzerland
(third-person singular simple present swisses, present participle swissing, simple past and past participle swissed)
- Of, from, or pertaining to Switzerland or the Swiss people.
(plural Swisses or Swiss)
- A person from Switzerland or of Swiss descent.