- not likely to stumble, slip, or fall
- not likely to err; skillful, competent, etc.
- a. Not liable to stumble or fall.b. Designed so as to hold well to the road: an automobile that is sure-footed on curves.
- Confident and capable: “demonstrates a sure-footed storytelling talent” ( Michiko Kakutani )
(comparative more surefooted, superlative most surefooted)
- walking steadily, moving freely, capable of finding good footing
(comparative more sure-footed, superlative most sure-footed)
- Alternative form of surefooted.