- To superimpose is to put something over something else.
An example of superimpose is when you put a watermark or copyright mark over the top of a picture but the picture underneath is still visible.
- superimposition noun
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
transitive verb su·per·im·posed, su·per·im·pos·ing, su·per·im·pos·es
- To lay or place (something) on or over something else.
- To add as a distinct feature, element, or quality: superimposed her own interpretation when she retold the story.
- suˌper·im·posˈa·ble adjective
- suˌper·imˌpo·siˈtion noun