An example of a suburban location is the San Fernando Valley outside of Los Angeles.
- of, in, or residing in a suburb or the suburbs
- characteristic of the suburbs or suburbanites
Origin of suburbanClassical Latin suburbanus
- Of, relating to, or characteristic of a suburb.
- Located or residing in a suburb.
- Of, relating to, or characteristic of the culture, customs, and manners typical of life in the suburbs.
(comparative more suburban, superlative most suburban)
- Relating to or characteristic of or situated on the outskirts of a city.