An example of strong willed is a person who is determined to major in her choice of subjects in college no matter how many people tell her that the choice is foolish and silly.
(comparative more strongwilled, superlative most strongwilled)
- Alternative spelling of strong-willed.
(comparative more strong-willed, superlative most strong-willed)
- Having a vigorous, independent will
- Mom took a lot of flak over her decision, but she was very determined and strong-willed.
- Printers tend to be strong-willed, resulting from years of dealing with customers who frequently don't have a clue as to what they want in a print job, or see no difficulty to make "small" changes while the print job is being run.
- The ABC soap features the strong-willed Kanes, lead by mega-matriarch Erica Kane (played by Emmy Award-winning actress Susan Lucci), the powerful Chandlers and the often-misaligned Martins.
- Setting Limits with Your Strong-Willed Child: Eliminating Conflict by Establishing Clear, Firm and Respectful Boundaries.
- All children have them at some point, and active, strong-willed youngsters may have as many as one or two a week.