- a person of little importance; nonentity
- a weak argument or opposing view set up by a politician, debater, etc. so as to be able to attack it and gain an easy, showy victory
- a person used to disguise another's intentions, activities, etc.; blind
See straw man in American Heritage Dictionary 4
- A person who is set up as a cover or front for a questionable enterprise.
- An argument or opponent set up so as to be easily refuted or defeated.
- A bundle of straw made into the likeness of a man and often used as a scarecrow.
Learn more about straw man