- stock exchange
- a system or program by which the buying and selling of stocks is conducted: an over-the-counter stock market
- the activity of buying and selling stocks: to play the stock market
- the general level of stock prices: the stock market is up today
stock marketstock market
- A stock exchange.
- The market in which stocks are bought and sold, usually including the organized exchanges and over-the-counter markets in a particular country or economic region: the US stock market.
- The buyers and sellers of stocks: The stock market was jittery all morning.
- The business transacted in such a market: The stock market has been sluggish.
- The price or value of the stocks trading in a market: a rising stock market.
(plural stock markets)
- A market for the trading of company stock.
- (rare) A cattle market.