springer definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- a person or thing that springs
- springer spaniel
- ☆ spring chicken (sense )
- the support upon which an arch rests; impost
- the lowest stone or lowest part of an arch
springer definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- A springer spaniel.
- Western U.S. A cow about to give birth.
- Architecture a. The bottom stone of an arch resting on the impost.b. The point or place where the curve of an arch or vault begins.