- specification (sense )
- speculation (sense )
- according to specification(s)
- as a speculation or gamble
- specs The specifications, as for a building to be constructed.
transitive verbspec'd, spec'ing, specs, or specced spec·cing
- Of or relating to specifications: a manufacturer's spec sheet.
- Done, constructed, produced, or purchased as a speculation: a spec job; a spec house.
(third-person singular simple present specs, present participle speccing, simple past and past participle specced)
- To specify, especially in a formal specification document.
- (in bibliographies) Abbreviation of special.
spec - Computer Definition
(2) (SPEC) (Standard Performance Evaluation Corporation, Warrenton, VA, www.specbench.org) An organization founded in 1988 to establish standard benchmarks for computers. Its first benchmark was a single CPU rating known as the "SPECmark," in which one SPECmark was equivalent in performance to a VAX 11/780. Although SPEC benchmarks continue to rate CPUs, SPEC has a variety of benchmarks to measure graphics subsystems, Java, Web servers, mail servers, application servers and file servers. Following are the SPEC names for current and retired CPU benchmarks. See benchmark. SPEC CPU BENCHMARKS Floating Current Integer Point SPEC CPU2006 CINT2006 CFP2006 Retired SPEC CPU2000 CINT2000 CFP2000 SPEC CPU95 SPECint95 SPECfp95