- of, characterized by, affected with, or produced by a spasm: spastic colon
- afflicted with or involving spastic paralysis
Origin of spasticClassical Latin spasticus ; from Classical Greek spastikos, drawing, pulling ; from span: see spasm
- Of, relating to, or characterized by spasms: a spastic colon; a spastic form of cerebral palsy.
- Affected by spastic paralysis.
- Offensive Slang Clumsy or inept.
Origin of spasticLatin spasticus, from Greek spastikos, from spān, to pull.
(comparative more spastic, superlative most spastic)
The word is perceived as relatively inoffensive in the United States, but extremely offensive in the United Kingdom.
- cat piss