spastic definition by Webster's New World
- of, characterized by, affected with, or produced by a spasm: spastic colon
- afflicted with or involving spastic paralysis
Origin: Classical Latin spasticus ; from Classical Greek spastikos, drawing, pulling ; from span: see spasm
a person with spastic paralysis
spastic definition by American Heritage Dictionary
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th edition Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- Of, relating to, or characterized by spasms: a spastic colon; a spastic form of cerebral palsy.
- Affected by spastic paralysis.
- Offensive Slang Clumsy or inept.
A person affected with spastic paralysis.
Origin: Latin spasticus, from Greek spastikos, from spān, to pull.
- spasˈti·cal·ly adverb
- spas·ticˈi·ty noun
spastic - Medical Definition
- Relating to or affected by spasm.
- Relating to spastic paralysis.