- of, characterized by, affected with, or produced by a spasm: spastic colon
- afflicted with or involving spastic paralysis
Origin of spasticClassical Latin spasticus ; from Classical Greek spastikos, drawing, pulling ; from span: see spasm
- Of, relating to, or characterized by spasms: a spastic colon; a spastic form of cerebral palsy.
- Affected by spastic paralysis.
- Offensive Slang Clumsy or inept.
Origin of spasticLatin spasticus, from Greek spastikos, from sp&amacron;n, to pull.
(comparative more spastic, superlative most spastic)
- A person affected by spastic paralysis or spastic cerebral palsy.
- (slang, offensive) A stupid, clumsy person.
The word is perceived as relatively inoffensive in the United States, but extremely offensive in the United Kingdom.