- The definition of Spanish refers to something that comes from Spain.
An example of Spanish is the origin of baked rice.
- Spanish is defined as a language spoken in Spain and parts of North and South America.
An example of Spanish is the word "hola."
Spanish definition by Webster's New World
Spanish definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Of or relating to Spain or its people or culture.
- Of or relating to the Spanish language.
- The Romance language of the largest part of Spain and most of Central and South America.
- (used with a pl. verb) The people of Spain.
Origin: Alteration (influenced by Latin Hispānia, Spain) of Middle English Spainish, from Spaine, Spain, from Old French Espaigne; see Spaniard.
spanish - Phrases/Idioms