Spanish words and their English equivalents.
- The definition of Spanish refers to something that comes from Spain.
An example of Spanish is the origin of baked rice.
- Spanish is defined as a language spoken in Spain and parts of North and South America.
An example of Spanish is the word "hola."
- Of or relating to Spain or its people or culture.
- Of or relating to the Spanish language.
- The Romance language of the largest part of Spain and most of Central and South America.
- used with a pl. verb The people of Spain.
Origin of SpanishAlteration ( influenced by Latin Hispānia Spain ) of Middle English Spainish from Spaine Spain from Old French Espaigne ; see Spaniard .
(third-person singular simple present spanishes, present participle spanishing, simple past and past participle spanished)
- (printing) To subject to spanishing, a printing process in which an ink is deposited on the bottoms and sides of depressions formed in a plastic material
From Middle English Spainish, Spanish, from Spain + -ish.