- Present participle of source.
Variant of source
- a spring, fountain, etc. that is the starting point of a stream
- that from which something comes into existence, develops, or derives: the sun is our source of energy, the source of a difficulty
- any person, place, or thing by which something is supplied: a source of pleasure
- a person, book, document, etc. that provides information: to consult various sources
- the point or thing from which light rays, sound waves, etc. emanate
Origin of sourceMiddle English sours ; from Old French sourse ; from past participle of sourdre, to rise ; from Classical Latin surgere: see surge