- Present participle of snub.
- The act by which someone is snubbed; a rebuke.
Variant of snub
transitive verbsnubbed, snubbing
- Obsolete to check or interrupt with sharp or slighting words
- to treat with scorn, contempt, disdain, etc.; behave coldly toward; slight or ignore
- to check suddenly the movement of (a rope, cable, etc.) by turning it around a post
- to make (a boat, etc.) fast by such a movement
- ☆ to put out (a cigarette): usually with out
Origin of snubMiddle English snubben ; from Old Norse snubba, to chide, snub
- scornful, slighting action or treatment; affront
- a snubbing, or checking
short and turned up; pug: said of the nose