- a masculine name: dim. Si
- one of the twelve Apostles, called Peter or
- one of the twelve Apostles, called : Mark 3:18: his day is Oct. 28also Saint Simon
- a brother or relative of Jesus: Mark 6:3
Origin of SimonMiddle English ; from Ecclesiastical Late Latin ; from Ecclesiastical Greek Simōn, Seimōn ; from Classical Hebrew (language) shimʼon, literally , heard: see Simeon
Simon, Herbert Alexander 1916-2001; U.S. social scientist & economist
- (slang, UK, dated, 17th-19th C.) Sixpence coin.
New Testament version of Classical Hebrew שִׁמְעוֹן (shim'ón, “hearkening”), shaped to look like a Greek name; confer Σίμων (Simōn) and Σῖμος (Simos, “flat-nose”).