- a masculine name: dim. Si
- one of the twelve Apostles, called Peter or
- one of the twelve Apostles, called : Mark 3:18: his day is Oct. 28also Saint Simon
- a brother or relative of Jesus: Mark 6:3
Origin of SimonMiddle English ; from Ecclesiastical Late Latin ; from Ecclesiastical Greek Simōn, Seimōn ; from Classical Hebrew (language) shimʼon, literally , heard: see Simeon
- (slang, UK, dated, 17th-19th C.) Sixpence coin.
- Name of any of a number of men in the New Testament, notably the original name of Apostle Peter.
- A male given name.
- A patronymic surnameâ€‹.
- Paul Simon
New Testament version of Classical Hebrew ×©Ö´××žÖ°×¢×•Ö¹×Ÿ (shim'Ã³n, â€œhearkeningâ€), shaped to look like a Greek name; confer Î£Î¯Î¼Ï‰Î½ (SimÅn) and Î£á¿–Î¼Î¿Ï‚ (Simos, â€œflat-noseâ€).