silvery definition by Webster's New World
- resembling silver, as in color or luster
- covered with or containing silver
- soft and clear, like the sound of a silver bell
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- silveriness noun
silvery definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Containing or coated with silver.
- Resembling silver in color or luster: “A fountain threw high its silvery water” (Harriet Beecher Stowe).
- Having a clear, softly resonant sound: a silvery laugh.
- silˈver·i·ness noun