Poplin is a type of fabric used for shirting.
Shirting is a material such as a fine cotton that is usually used for making shirts.
The material that your button-down work shirts are going to be made from is an example of shirting.
Fabric suitable for making shirts.
- Fabric patterns can include shirting and ticking patterns as well as gingham, check and plaid.
- They're made from shirting flannel, cotton knit, micro-fiber fleece, and wool cashmere.
- In some school districts red shirting of student athletes is tacitly endorsed.
- The imports are mainly white longcloth, grey shirting, rice, jowaree, dates and sugar.
- The chief articles of import are cotton goods (European white longcloth and American grey shirting), rice and jowari, flour, dates, sugar and tobacco (the last from Rotterdam).