set pieceset piece
- a carefully contrived work of literature, music, etc., or a discrete part of such a work, usually designed to produce an impressive effect and often employing a conventional method or form and a stylized manner
- a scenic display of fireworks
- a piece of stage scenery
- any situation carefully planned beforehand, as in a military or diplomatic maneuver
- A realistic piece of stage scenery constructed to stand by itself.
- An often brilliantly executed artistic or literary work characterized by a formal pattern.
- a. A carefully planned and executed military operation.b. A situation, activity, or speech planned beforehand and carried out according to a prescribed pattern or formula.
(plural set pieces)
- a piece of freestanding stage scenery
- any carefully planned sequence of operations, especially as part of a military operation
- an elaborate action scene in a movie or video game
- (soccer) any planned strategy that a team uses after play is restarted with a free kick, penalty kick, corner kick, goal kick, throw-in or kickoff.
- Roberto Carlos is deadly from set pieces.
- Alternative spelling of set piece.